Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Embarrassing

So today I realized I have been falling off of the Weight Watchers plan. I haven't been tracking/journaling daily. I will take a "bite" of something and not count the points, I haven't taken Emma on our morning walk in at least a week, weighing in but not staying for meetings, I have over eaten to the point I felt sick TWICE, and my self esteem took a nose dive. So I'm blogging today, and at least weekly, to hold me accountable. I had my first gain on the program last week, +0.8. So far on the program I have been doing really great and feeling so good, until the last week. I am trying to not let that bring me down! I started following other weight watchers blogs, using them for inspiration. And...I start with a personal trainer at the Y soon. Just have to get past my fear of doing group exersize!!

So the embarassing part of this post is telling you about my weight loss journey
...IN NUMBERS.

When I got pregnant I weighed 177lbs, was 207 when I delivered Emma. That's a normal weight gain for pregnancy, but being that I was already OVER WEIGHT...it didn't make it easy to come off. In February when Emma was 3 months old and I was still 195lbs, me and my husband (who was 210) decided to try the EAT TO LIVE diet. Basically we ate beans/veggies/fruit for 6 weeks. I lost 14lbs, bringing me down to 181. I gained a few, lost a few again in between march and may. In late may, I joined weight watchers at 184.2lbs. To date I have lost 14lbs and now weigh 170.2 and am half way to my goal weight of 158. I want to be at this first goal by baby girls 1st birthday! Even writing this I am getting excited, because talking about it motivates me.
Follow me on my journey...any tips/recipes/motivation you can offer are welcomed!
Christmas...195
now....170.2
in case you were wondering...my husband is now 168lbs and 6'2"
I hate men!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to go buy the 30 day shred DVD (since we don't get it on TV). Maybe we can motivate each other to do that every day! lol :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Found you through the WW boards. I can commiserate w/ you on hating men. I bought the Cook Yourself Think Cookbook @ the beginning of June. (Great recipes btw. Not fat-free stuff, more substituting) Was cooking pretty regularly and working out. DBF (who already is a gym hound, former football player) was eating whatever I cooked.

    I lost 6 pounds over about 5 weeks. He lost 15. Go eat a whole pizza, sir.
    I'm @ crodbehave.webs.com

    ReplyDelete