Friday, April 17, 2009

getting lonely...

It's been three weeks since my husband has been in West VA! He did get to come home for Easter so I really can't complain toooooooooo much. But I'm so bored out of mine tonight, and it's not like the house couldn't use some cleaning, but I'm loathing in self pity. He's been working such long days that we really don't get to talk either, I could go on forever about how I miss him! I mean just look...we do make one heck of a cute family!


There's no way I could make it if I didn't have the best baby girl. She is such a happy baby and only fusses when she is tired/hungry. I've only heard her REALLY cry when she got her 2/4 month shots! (which was the most horrible experience of my life) She's been going to bed at 7:30pm since she was a month old and sleeps 10-12 hours. How did we get blessed with a sleeper?? I'll never know. Since her daddy has been gone though she will sometimes wake up at 3-4am, doesn't want to eat, just wants to cuddle and falls right back to sleep. I can't help but wonder if she's missing him as much as I am.



I haven't worked full-time since I had Emma, I took off 10 weeks and went back 3 evenings/week. I just recently dropped my status again to PRN...since Harry will be out of town for work. It's been such a treat to be with my angel! Somehow we haven't had to make any financial sacrifice...amazing. I pray that this will continue because I love being a mommy! Since my status change to PRN I do make more per hour, and I'm assuming less taxes are taken (if any) because I made as much working 5 days in the last pay period that I did working full-time. Uncle Sam will most likely not be giving us as much back next year =)



When I do go to work, we've been crazy busy! I love love love taking care of laboring women and being a part of the miracle of birth. It's such an amazing time for a family. The last vag delivery I did the couple was so sweet, and they loved each other so much. I really bonded with them and was glad I got to be there for the entire process start to finish. I'm looking forward to going to work monday (my 23rd birthday!) and tuesday, it'll be nice to get out of the house and domestic routine for a bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment