Tuesday, December 27, 2011

HEMANGIOMA

For the check out girl at the grocery store, random people at the mall, and everyone else who constantly asks "What happened to her face?" (at which point I have to hold back asking "What happened to YOURS?")

At birth there were no signs. It started a few days after we brought her home, and was this size at 2 weeks. It has since become raised, but thankfully only a little.

A hemangioma is an abnormal buildup of blood vessels in the skin or internal organs.

This periorbital hemangioma will most likely go away on its on by school age, if not much sooner.

Yes, I am aware that some crazy mothers have a dermatologist take a laser to their young children, but I really see that as only being vanity on the parents part since Alyssa obviously isn't bothered by it. Of course if it was causing problems with vision, that would be different.

I have a healthy child, and am not at all concerned with a birth mark.

1 comment:

  1. But seriously, what happened to her eye?! ;)

    Just kidding, I love you and that beautiful little girl. If she didn't have that, we wouldn't know who was who in baby pictures! Oh, and I love Emma (and I guess Harry, too).

    ReplyDelete